KIT Int’l Playwrights Series
2020 SUBMISSION CALL
The 2020 KIT International Playwright 10-minute play series WOMEN IN COMEDY
Celebrating legendary playwright and actress Franca Valeri turning 100.
WHO: FEMALE AND FEMALE IDENTIFYING PLAYWRIGHTS WRITING COMEDY.
WHAT: 10-minute comic play, solo show, stand up and more by female and female identifying playwrights
LANGUAGES: Italian, English, Spanish, Turkish, French, Portuguese, Polish, Greek and Urdu.
Deadline: February 10, 2020.
Inaugurated in 2019, Kairos Italy Theater, the Italian theater company in NY, the series is dedicated each year to a specific anniversary in the arts or in society. In 2020, It celebrates the 100th birthday of Franca Valeri, legendary Italian playwright and actress, the first one in Italy to make a name for herself by writing and doing comedy. Therefore, in 2020, the series is dedicated to Women in Comedy: female playwrights writing comedy.
- Global call Deadline February 10, 2020.
- Between twelve and fifteen 10-minute plays are selected by an international jury and presented as readings in New York on April 6, 2020.
- The non English plays admitted to the reading are translated into English by professional translators.
- The audience and the committee vote the best three to five 10-minute plays on April 6, 2020.
- The best three to five plays receive a semi-staged presentation during the Opening Night of In Scena! Italian Theater Festival NY on April 27, 2020. Cast and directors are provided by KIT in collaboration with the series partners.
- The selected 10 minute plays have one more showing in November 2020 during the main celebration of Franca Valeri’s work, at the Tank theater.
- The play should be written by a female playwright.
- Languages admitted: Italian, English, Spanish, Turkish, French, Portuguese, Polish and Greek.
- Fill out the form at https://forms.gle/ZuAGP9zLwUeoBqu67
- Send to email@example.com the 10 minutes play in pdf format or in word.
- In the subject line of the email state you country as for example: ITALY – SUBMISSION 10 MINUTE PLAY KIT
- The selected playwrights MUST agree that KIT has the right to present the play in its English translation (provided by KIT and by KIT’s partners when applicable) in form of a reading and in form of a staged presentation.
- Send everything by the deadline: February 10 2020.
The playwrights of the 10-minute plays going further will receive communication by March 20, 2020. The readings of the twelve 10-minute plays will take place on April 6th, 2020 at Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimo’ at NYU in Manhattan.
The series is presented in collaboration with Casa Italiana Zerilli-Marimo’ at NYU, KIT Italia (Italy), TARTE (Turkish American Repertory Theater and entertainment), Group BR (Brazil/US), Umanism (Italy/US), Eclipses Group Theater New York (Greece/US), Anna Rak (Actress/Producer, Poland), Aizzah Fatima (Pakistani-American Actress and Producer) and more to be announced.